NORWALK, Conn. - In a small office, productivity drain can begin with a piece of office equipment or a process that no one quite knows how to manage. Whether it's dealing with connectivity problems, slow print speeds, poor image quality or complicated set-up, before you know it, three people lend a hand and work comes to a grinding halt.
To help small and medium-size businesses avoid the loss, Xerox today introduced the Xerox WorkCentre® 3335/3345 Multifunction Printers (MFPs) and Xerox Phaser® 3330, a set of new black-and-white printers that anyone – even the least tech-savvy person in the office – can operate.
"If you're the person down the hall who's constantly interrupted to help someone print from the cloud or connect to the Wi-Fi, you will love these products," said Tracey Koziol, senior vice president, Office and Solutions Business Group, Xerox. "Forget clicking through multiple sub-menus; we put 90 percent of the basic functions on the main screen, so anyone can click and move on to the next task at hand."
The printers make it easy to connect to mobile devices and to simplify setup. Internal Wi-Fi connectivity and Near Field Communication tap-to-pair allow mobile workers to link their phones and tablets for easy mobile printing from any location. Time-saving features, such as the Wi-Fi installation wizard and on-device address book, take the guesswork out of wireless connectivity and enable faster document delivery.
The U.S. Department of Labor just reported dwindling business productivity numbers for the third quarter in a row, and it's clear some of the hardest hit are small businesses that need affordable, reliable tools that offer easier ways to work.1
Xerox designed the WorkCentre 3335/3345 MFPs and the Phaser 3330 with a host of powerful productivity tools to help offices uncover easier and simplified ways to work including:
- Hefty processing power and faster print speeds of 35-42 ppm.
- Enhanced image quality (1200 x 1200 dpi) for sharp text and detail.
- An optional second paper tray that lets you load an extra 550 sheets for extended interruption-free printing.
- The latest security features to keep sensitive, confidential documents away from unintended recipients.
- The ability to scan to email or print from the cloud or a USB memory drive right at the device.
- A large color touchscreen interface, which makes it simple to navigate all of the device's features.
- Equipped with Apple AirPrint, Google Cloud Print and the Xerox Print Service Plug-in for Android and Mopria, a set of standards that enable printing from a mobile device to printers from different manufacturers or brands. Users can print emails, photos and documents instantly from any device.
- A monthly duty cycle of up to 80,000 prints.
Availability and pricing
The devices are available immediately worldwide. The suggested retail price for the WorkCentre 3335/3345 is $349-$449 and the suggested retail price for the Phaser 3330 is $299.
Xerox is helping change the way the world works. By applying our expertise in imaging, business process, analytics, automation and user-centric insights, we engineer the flow of work to provide greater productivity, efficiency and personalization. Our employees create meaningful innovations and provide business process services, printing equipment, software and solutions that make a real difference for our clients and their customers in 180 countries. On January 29, 2016, Xerox announced its plans to separate into two independent, publicly traded companies – Xerox Corporation, which will be comprised of the company's Document Technology and Document Outsourcing businesses, and Conduent Incorporated, a business process services company. The company is on track to complete the separation by the end of 2016.
1 Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, Productivity and C